Re: carb oil/ leaks out?

To: "WESLEY SMITH" <wes-smith@msn.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: carb oil/ leaks out?
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 11:23:50 +0100
AFAIK HSs have a blind drilling in the damper cylinder so it is impossible
to leak out, but HIFs have a through drilling with a plug at the bottom,
which in theory could leak.  I suppose it is also possible with a faulty
damper piston that it could be 'pumping' the oil that is above it out when
the main piston falls rather than allowing it past it back into the lower
portion of the damper cylinder.  I would be very surprised if both carbs in
a twin carb setup had the same problem.

PaulH.