RE: Ignition lock woes

To: "'CHRIS KOTTING'" <ckotting@wideopenwest.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Ignition lock woes
From: "Lew Palmer" <lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 20:44:14 -0500
Take the lock off? No, not at all.

Remove the steering column plastic shroud. Then remove the TINY screw from
underneath the electrical portion of the switch and slide the barrel of the
switch (the part with the wires attached) out from the left side. Then you
should be able to poke the tip of the key out from one side or the other.
The tip of the key is what goes through the lock barrel and it's what
actually turns the switch. Thus once the electrical part is removed, you
should have clear access to the broken key.

Cheers,
Lew Palmer