wrenching this weekend?

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: wrenching this weekend?
From: "Don Vierling" <Don.Vierling@stago-us.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 13:21:54 -0400
OK, so the weather in NJ did not cooperate as I had planned this
weekend.  Instead of sun, there was rain and drizzle both days, but I
managed to get a tiny bit accomplished.

I did put my 4 new Yokohama T4's on mini-lite (replicas) on the car.
The dry-rotted Pirellis that came off were VERY SCARY!  Took the car for
a test drive and it seemed a bit smoother, but I did not have time to
really drive around to see how they actually perform.  I also fixed my
electronic ignition problems (important!) by solder splicing the pickup
wires back together.  The antique "Jones" plug some of you may remember
I had used was causing the distributor to cut in and out.

I DID NOT get to install my manual choke cable, repaired rheostat, or
the new temperature sender so they remain on my short-list.  Long-list
still includes the oil cooler, vacuum advance, front discs, fuel pump,
stainless brake lines and lower A-arm bushings.

Hope they rest of you had more productive weekends!
Donny V
78 MGB