Tire care - a practical lesson

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Tire care - a practical lesson
From: Hans Duinhoven <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 21:31:16 +0200
Reading Don Vierlings last notice, I thought of my 150 miles drive this late
afternoon from Brussels back home near Amsterdam.
I overtook a minivan, where a towcar was connected behind.

Suddenly was a big bang and I saw one of the towcar tires exploding -
seriously damaging the mudguard. The speed was around 65 miles/hr.
The car driver was able to get the car stopped safely, but things could have
gone real bad.

Lesson: check towcar - caravan tires regulary, that these are not getting
dry.
Counts for our classic cars as well!
Renew these after 6 - 7 years even if these are not worn.
In colder climates it may take a little longer.....

Cheers,

Hans

'71 BGT