MGA Voltage Regulator

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGA Voltage Regulator
From: bosoxfan00@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 12:24:14 +0000
I'm not sure why, but my voltage regulator ('57 - 1500) is clicking on and off.
 You can hear the noise while driving, and its noticeable in the fuel gauge
needle moving back and forth abouth 1/4 inch each time the regulator clicks.

I've also noticed that the battery didn't keep its initial charge when I
un-mothballed the car two weeks ago.  I did have to recrimp two of the wires
going to the regulator as there was some corrosion and the wires were loose.
That's all I did to the electrical system (so I think).

Any suggestions !  Not sure how to test the charging circuit with a voltmeter.
Is it in the shop manual ?