RE: MGA rails

To: "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: MGA rails
From: "Gordie's Garage" <mg_garage@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 08:37:00 -0400
I presume you are speaking of carpeting the frame rails.  I started in the
footwell, using contact cement and got a small (@2" wide) wooden roller to
help secure it and smooth it out.  I applied the contact cement as I went.
I also used small strips of padding on either side of the 'ridge' in the
center/top of the frame rail so that the carpeting would be smooth across
the top.
The roller was the best, and worked well for me.  I got the roller at Home
Depot although I forget what dept.

Safety Fast!
Gordie Bird
'62 MGA