Re: Alternatives to de-smogging

To: Editorgary@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Alternatives to de-smogging
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 15:32:38 -0700 (PDT)
A good and subtle point, Gary. Similar to the also-subtle point about electric
cars - where does the energy to generate all that electricity for recharging
come from?! Thankfully, it appears that question, at least,  has been rendered
moot by the debut of hybrid gas-electric cars....

Editorgary@aol.com wrote:In a message dated 6/10/04 9:29:05 PM,
owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net
writes:

> I am just trying to make you (us) face up to the fact that by
> choosing to drive an "obsolete" vehicle, we are part of the problem, not
> part of the solution, albeit a very small part.

Actually, if you expand the equation, you may get a different answer. How
much pollution is created, energy and resources used in the manufacture of the
new car that is going to replace the obsolete vehicle you've chosen not to use
in favor of a new car....

Dan
The Garden State
'76 MGB Tourer - Driver - It's getting better all the time....
'65 MGB Tourer Project - Yep, still is....
'04 Audi A4 1.8T q MT-6 - quattro, baby!
NAMGBR #5-2328