Question for Late Model RBB

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Question for Late Model RBB
From: "Frank Krajewski" <frankk@intap.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 13:05:29 -0400
In working on my 1980 MGB LE I inadvertently disconnected a wire. I was
replacing the external amplifier that mounts under the coil. On the forward
mounting bolt is a diode or some kind of resistor or maybe even a noise
suppressor. It has a single black wire with a female electrical fitting on the
end. It slides under the front bolt that attaches the amplifier to the inner
fender. I cannot determine where that female terminal attaches to amale spade
terminal anywhere. I would greatly appreciate any of you who have a similar
ignition system to take a peek under your hood and let me know where that
black wire is supposed to attach. The car runs fine with it unattached but I
don't want to run the risk of damaging anything. It does reach the + side of
the coil but being a black wire I assume it goes to a ground somewhere altho
it is already grounded at that bolt under which it attaches. Thanks in
advance. I was doing all this to try and remedy my clock problem. When my car
is running the second hand in the clock spins at warp speed. David D.
suggested I change the ignition relay, which I did. I also changed the
amplifier but so far nothing has worked. It is one of those strange Lucas
problems. When the ignition is switched off the clock runs normally. I checked
the output at the  battery and it is normal. Any suggestions? Changing the
amplifier and the ignition relay had no effect.
Frank "Swamp Yankee" Krajewski