MGA running temp

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGA running temp
From: "Danny Varnado" <dannyvarnado@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 19:18:02 -0500
The Betson bolt worked great!  I was able to install the new core plug in the
back of the block with no trouble.
(thank God for nimble fingers)
Also, I've finnally solved my overheating problem.  Sometimes the most
troubling problems have the simplest solution.  I had installed the wrong
water pump pully. I used one from from a '78 B which is larger than the one
from the '74.  This caused the pump to turn too slow.   After installing the
correct pully, the engine runs at 185F reguardless of speed or outside temp.
(it's been pushing 95F here for the past few days.