Re: gas problem solved

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: gas problem solved
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 11:28:14 -0600
No, actually I have the correct OD with the dipstick which originally came
out of a 72B. I bought it used twenty years ago and used it in my 71BGT.
Now its in my 72B. Further Internet research indicates that the 1280 is
likely the correct speedo after all, at least as referenced on several
websites.  The s/n of the spare speedo appears to be "correct" for the 72
year whereas the one presently in the car is a mid70s vintage for Bs and
Midgets. But I'll try changing them out and see what happens.