Re: OT - Short read - The Brits come through

To: "Jerry Erbesfield" <jerry@erbesfield.com>,
Subject: Re: OT - Short read - The Brits come through
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 22:27:50 -0500
All well and good until we remember that they want America's freedom and
prosperity and not, necessarily, George Bush.  Recall that his approval
rating is less than 50% in this country and a hell of a lot less than that
around the world (Tony Blair isn't doing too well at home either).  Despite
George Bush, they still want in -- a testament to a great country.

That being said, let us remember that we, as Americans, respect a divergence
of opinions.  Happy July 4th to you, Jerry, as well as all the others on the
list.

(Does it mean anything that we are celebrating our independence from the
same chaps that built our beloved LBCs?)

Larry Daniels
79 MGB LE - rebirth nearly finished
73 Midget - a new addition to the family to be picked up this weekend

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I thought that the below says so much that I wanted to share it with my
friends here on the MG list. I apologize in advance if anybody is offended
that I posted OT here but with July 4th (Independence Day) just around the
corner and me feeling so patriotic, I thought that maybe most would find it
okay, no matter their politics.

The Brits have obviously got it together with something else other than
MG's.

Jerry Erbesfield

~~~~~~~~

In case we find ourselves starting to believe all the anti-American
sentiment and negativity about our government and its policies, we should
remember Tony Blair's words to his own people.

During a recent interview Prime Minister Tony Blair of Great Britain was
quoted as giving the following answer to one of his parliament members on
why he believes so much in America and its President, and does he think they
are on the right track?

Blair's reply --

 "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want
in.......and how many want to get out.

~~~~~~~