Re: [MG-MGB] Roadster vs. Tourer Academics

To: MG-MGB@yahoogroups.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [MG-MGB] Roadster vs. Tourer Academics
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 05:11:22 -0700 (PDT)
TJ, the 'convertible' MGB was officially called a 'tourer' by the facvtory. I
always viewed 'roadster' to mean a car with no roll-up windows, like the MGA.
However, most people in the US call the convertible 'roadsters'....  But you
can't go wrong calling it a 'tourer', since that's what the factory called
'em....

"TJ Tryon, Jr." <tjt@insightbb.com> wrote:
OK, from everything I've found on the internet, it appears that MG made both
a Tourer (convertible) and a GT (hard top) models.  Is  there/was there such
a thing as a roadster model?  I've heard people call their convertible MGB a
roadster, but technically, it should be called a tourer?

So, what is the correct terminology, and what is the difference between a
roadster and tourer (not necessarily in MG land).

Reason I am asking, I'm doing website stuff for the local MG shop, and I
want to, for my own knowledge, know what the heck to call one of his
projects I am documenting. Car can be found on his projects page, from
http://www.connellmg.com/  It's the black convertible.

Regards,
TJ

Dan
The Garden State
'76 MGB Tourer - Driver - It's getting better all the time....
'65 MGB Tourer Project - Yep, still is....
'04 Audi A4 1.8T q MT-6 - quattro, baby!
NAMGBR #5-2328