Re: V1 #1617

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: V1 #1617
From: ejrussell@mebtel.net
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 13:00:28 -0400
> Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 17:37:15 -0500
> From: "Jason Spaeth" <jasonspaeth@hotmail.com>
> Subject: Heat Shield
>
> Hi Group:  Does anyone happen to have a picture of a manifold heat shield
> panel with the heat shield material installed?  I see there are tabs which I
> assume secure the material to the panel, but I am not clear if the material
> covers the whole panel and if it would need to be cut-out where the carbs
> attach.

Look here: http://community.webshots.com/user/ghnl1961 (click on the MGB album)

There are a couple of pictures of the heat shield as installed in our 1978 MGB.
I installed a set of SU HS4's and repaired the old heat shield.

The heat shield material is only on the ends of the metal shield - nearest the
float bowls on the HS4's. It held in place by rivets.

HTH

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC