The Verdict: Has this Happened to Anyone?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: The Verdict: Has this Happened to Anyone?
From: "S Allen" <scottinthestans@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 03:53:35 +0430
Hi,

After following the advice of several on the list, it turns out it's the
clutch.  Specifically it looks like the center section of the clutch disk
disintegrated.

Of course it's disapointing because I replaced the clutch 3,700 miles and
two years ago, (and I wasn't here for a year).

At some point I spoke with Bob Mason at the B Register who says it's the
fourth time in three months he's heard of it happening.  As he tells it,
there's two suppliers of B clutches; Borg and Becker and another company
whose name escapes me at the moment.  All the ones he's heard of failing are
from the other company.

I looked at my receipt for the original clutch from Moss, and it doesn't say
who it was from, so I have no way of knowing, but I guess it's safe to
assume...

Lesson learned.

In any event, thanks to everyone for the great suggestions.

Scott Allen

74 1/2 BGT
52 TD