Re: ZB Magnette electrics

To: "David F. Darby" <darby@tri-lakes.net>, "MGs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ZB Magnette electrics
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 13:10:35 +0100
If you see a discharge on the ammeter, presumably with everything switched
off when there should be no discharge, you need to start disconnecting wires
until the discharge goes.  If you remove the wires from the generator and
the discharge ceases, or reduces significantly, and you see 12v on either
wire at the generator, then the cut-out relay in the control box probably
isn't cutting out i.e. its contacts have stuck together.

PaulH.