Re: alloy valve cover

To: Paul Root <ptroot@iaces.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: alloy valve cover
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 15:00:43 -0500
Paul Root wrote:

> Periodically, I get a wild hair about putting a polished alloy valve cover
> on the 'Bs engine. But they don't have breathers for hooking it  up to the
> carbon canister.
>
> Is it possible to put a breather on one of these?
>
> No, I'm not going to use a vented cap.

I have a nice alloy cover on the Mini Cooper S. It came without a vent,
but I added one by working up aluminum tubing by hand and drilling the
cover. I took the vent parts and cover to a good custom welding shop and
they did a great job of sticking it all together for me. That was three
years ago and no problems yet.

-Rock    http://www.rocky-frisco.com
--
JJ Cale Live CD and video: http://www.rocky-frisco.com/calelive.htm