Re: Gas tank baffles

To: "Scott Bumpus" <sbumpus@shaw.ca>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Gas tank baffles
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 09:42:02 +0100
Neither my old (suspect original) or new tank for a 73 had/have baffles.  If
the original cars with the direct reading fuel gauge *did* have baffles then
a tank without baffles will allow the gauge to swing about much more than it
did before.  But on a later car with thermal gauge (64-on) I don't see that
it would make much difference.  Certainly not to general sloshing around,
although if you are on a loooong curve on a fast road even the thermal gauge
shows a higher (left-hand) or lower (right-hand) reading than otherwise.

PaulH.