Re: Filling the steering rack

To: battanhr@comcast.net
Subject: Re: Filling the steering rack
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 16:43:28 -0400
   Ask your pharmacist for a plastic syringe, the largest in stock.   Two
ounce/60 ml is the size I use.  Once the boot is in place on the rack but
the clamp on the tie-rod is not clamped, you can poke the syringe through
the stretch around the tie-rod and squirt in the oil.   It's about 1/3
cup (handy measurement), which is just a couple of squirts.
   Should you be doing this at a time when pharmacy is not open, a turkey
baster from your kitchen utensil drawer will work fine also. But you
might find yourself sleeping on the couch for a couple of nights.
Bob