Re: Removing the Fan Pulley Crankshaft Bolt

To: "Matthew Hale" <haleme@bellsouth.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Removing the Fan Pulley Crankshaft Bolt
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 10:14:10 +0100
Yes, the step you missed was to slacken the bolt while the engine was still
in the engine and in 4th gear with the rear wheels on the ground :o)  If the
starter is still attached and you have somewhere to wedge a breaker bar you
should be able to free it by flicking the starter.  Either that or wedging
something on the back of the engine, or possibly the crank with the sump
off.

PaulH.