new sheet metal black paint

To: <MG-MGB@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: new sheet metal black paint
From: <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 23:39:14 -0400
I know this has come up before.... but I haven't found it in
the archives yet.   The 'stock' black paint primer on new fenders
and etc should be stripped off  before use right?  The fenders I
have here have 'oem' black paint on them that is REALLY on
there good! (save a few spots here and there) Does it really
need to be completely stripped, or was that more a 'suggested method'
to make sure you get good base adhesion? stripping both sides
of these fenders and bonnet will be a really pain!

tia

Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com