Re: Overdrive Repair Question (with pictures)

To: "Thomas James Pokrefke" <pokrefke1@comcast.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Overdrive Repair Question (with pictures)
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 09:57:19 +0100
MGOC are showing these on their downloadable look-up system at 89 quid for
member and 99 quid for non-members, that's about $164/$182.  The part number
is actually 37H3461E which implies non-OE.  Several MG parts suppliers in
the UK regularly ship abroad.  There are ex-Laycock fitters advertising a
rebuild service, and possibly parts supply, also in the UK.  The OD is just
a 2-speed auto gearbox, relining is an option, but the thickness would have
to be very precise and the material may differ from a standard auto box.
It's not the sort of thing you would want to have to do again in a few
thousand miles.

PaulH.