1974.5 MGB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: 1974.5 MGB
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 18:20:01 -0700 (PDT)
I finally talked a buddy into buying an MGB, and he
picked up a 1974.5 car.  When replacing one of the
radiator hoses, he found it difficult to get the right
part from the usual sources, and although he was able
to make a slightly incorrect part work out, he brought
up an interesting point.

He says that as he digs into the MGB resources around,
the 1974.5 car seems to be in a weird "no mans land".
Bentley manuals, for example, either cover 1974 or
earlier or 1975 and later, and and a result, he's
confused about what his car would be considered.
Ostensibly, it's an RBB, but then he gets the wrong
part here and there...

I don't know much about rubber bumper cars, but it
sounds to me like the 1974.5 might sorta be a 1975 car
with a 1974 engine, but does anyone have any insight
into this?  Has anyone with a 1974.5 car ever bumped
into this problem?

Thanks,

=====
Paul Misencik - 1971 MGB - www.sopwithracing.com