Re: Starting Puzzler

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Starting Puzzler
From: Kevin Smith <ksmith40@centurytel.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 21:51:45 -0500
> What's the difference between a starter merrily turning over the
> engine, and
> a group of pushers causing the engine to turn over?
> Cheers
> Gary

My older brother had this same problem with his '73 Datsun 240Z.  His
problem was always with the crappy carbs.  You had to pump the pedal
about halfway down ONCE, then turn the engine over.  If it didn't fire
(often the case), then you either wait 10 minutes and try again or you
push start it.  If you rolled it down a good hill and popped the
clutch, it would drag and complain, but always start and run.  If he
had known how to set those carbs up, I would have done a lot less
push-starting!

I assume you guys checked that he was getting fuel in proper amounts?

Kevin

Check out the new British Cars Forum: