Re: Bonnet release cable

To: "Barrie Robinson" <barrie@look.ca>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Bonnet release cable
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 09:24:50 +0100
Replaced mine last year and had exactly the same problem, although I have to
say that I didn't keep pulling it until it broke :o)

The problem with mine is that the cable used is plastic covered and the
casting at the handle end is crimped onto the plastic, and so it gradually
pulls through and comes loose.  I pulled the sheath out altogether and cut
the plastic back a bit, then reinserted and used Araldite - making sure I
didn't glue up the hole in the middle!  Seems to have done the trick ... so
far.

PaulH.