Re: Racing colors, was: Primrose...

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Racing colors, was: Primrose...
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 21:03:04 +1030
mgamgb wrote:

> Could be that the answer is here -
>
> http://www.motorsport.com/magazine/feature.asp?C=Kerbs&D=2000-08-13
>
> New Zealand not listed -  Should be Black with a Silver Fern?

Darn, why did you send that URL.  I get grumpy every time I read about
the whole CART/IRL battle.  There may be a place for the odd oval track
race but sincerely find it pretty boring and really like to see cars
turn left AND right!

I can only see the CHAMP/CART series slowly dying because the loss of
the American audience and other troubles, which pains me horribly.  But
I will NEVER become an IRL fan - despite the fact that my mates in the
Fernandex Racing team are doing so well (now that he has learned to play
nicely in pit lane :-)  I know he had to bail on his favourite CART
series because the sponsors were hounding him with all the trouble at
the beginning of the year.

Grrrrrr...

Now back on topic, sort of....

I always see the "black with a silver fern" from a distance and it looks
like a white feather!?

(remember - good natured ribbing ... remember - good natured ribbing)

We have a few interstate MG competitions over here so maybe it is time
for an OZ/NZ cup?

So what colour does Australia race under?  Deep blue with a southern cross?

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII

Check out the new British Cars Forum: