powder coating

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: powder coating
From: <mg@pine9.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 21:20:06 -0700
While seemingly appropriate for the high temp evironment of brake calipers,
I was wondering about powder coating wheels...

I have a 72 MGB with painted wire wheels.  I like chrome but i would have to
buy new wheels to do it.  I was wondering if anyone has had any experience
in powder coating a wire wheel, or even just the outer rim, not the spokes
or hub.  I saw on a 4/4 site that it's a bad idea, but from their
explanantion i don't think they were up to par on the most current baking
practices.  Any input would be appreciated.

TIA
--
Ryan Irwin
72 MGB