Re: OD Trans Failure (update)

To: mjanacek@snet.net
Subject: Re: OD Trans Failure (update)
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 20:37:36 -0500
    OOPS, wait a minute, if you get a small spark when you touch the
coil housing to the tranny, then there is current flow through the coil.
You may have bad connections that limit the amount of current flowing
through the coil.  Or part of the coil is shorted out.  You need to
measure the resistance of the coil and clean all the wiring connections.

   CR

mjanacek@snet.net wrote:
> All,
> Well, looks like the solenoid coil is toast. Pulled unit from housing
> and tested with ignition on, in fouth gear and switch thrown. No valve
> movement at all. I did get a small spark when touching coil outer case
> body to the gearbox to ground it so I know I have power to it.
> Mike
> '79B

Check out the new British Cars Forum: