B clutch

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: B clutch
From: Mike Duvall <duvallcom@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 10:32:38 -0500
While out driving the other day, I was waiting in traffic and had my
clutch in on my 65B.  I didn't have it in that long but then all of the
sudden is started acting odd, grabbing, not being able to shift well,
especially 1st gear, sometimes it would release fast.  Looking my
manual it fits the perfect description for clutch spin.  I think the
clutch is new. I've only owned the car since last January.  My fluid
level is not low so I don't think anything has leaked onto it. I got
underneath and watched the slave arm move the lever in and out and it
appears to move freely. I did note the rubber boot is missing but the
problem was sudden.

Is there anything else I can check before I pull the engine?  Thanks,
Mike

Check out the new British Cars Forum: