RE: Bosch Alternator Conversion for MGB?

To: "'Charles & Peggy Robinson'" <ccrobins@ktc.com>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Bosch Alternator Conversion for MGB?
From: mg-dennis <mg-dennis@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 15:03:06 -0700
I did the bosch conversion on my 67B.. Pretty straight forward.  Moss sells
the conversion bracket and the pig tail that makes it easy.  If I recall
correctly you connect the gen light to the small wire and the fat red wire
to the fat brown wires.  What I did was photo copy the wiring diagram for
the three wire alt and the diagram fo my 67 out of the manual and traced the
difference.  The bosh is real a real common alternator and bolts right in.
Gives you 55 amps I believe

Dennis Cox
67 MGB