Re: Oil gauge

To: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>, mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net,
Subject: Re: Oil gauge
From: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 03:00:37 -0700 (PDT)
May seem like a silly question but is there a chance that it is a spare one and
there is a washer down in the nut already? There has always been enough room
for to screw it on ok.
Carl French

Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca> wrote:
The thin copper pipe I got supplied for my oil gauge on my MGB 77-80 dash
has a screw thing to connect to the gauge. I also got a tiny fibre
washer. But if I fit the washer the nut thing has not enough meat on it to
screw down. Should there be a washer or do I not use it?

Regards
Barrie

Check out the new British Cars Forum: