TD Slowdown

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TD Slowdown
From: "Simon Corben" <simoncorben@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 20:46:03 -0400
Can anyone help me with a TD wheel problem.

I was driving up the highway at about 50 mph and all was well for about 15
miles.  Then slowly the car began to slow down, and when I lifted my foot off
the gas the rear right brake felt like it was on.  The car wanted to stop, but
only on the right rear...also started getting a smell of burning brake pads.

I immediately pulled over and felt the hub, it was hot.  I checked the hand
brake to see if it was somehow pulled up, or stuck on, but it was loose.  I
thought maybe the wheel bearing was going, so I called a flatbed and had it
taken home.

I haven't had a chance to explore the brakes yet.  I'm wondering if anyone
else has had this problem?  Is it commonly brakes or wheel bearings ?  Would a
wheel bearing just fail, or would it start to sieze slowly?

Thanks for the help.

Simon Corben

Check out the new British Cars Forum: