Got my "new" '67 MGBGT V8 home yesterday - picture link

To: mgb-v8 <mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net>, MGs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Got my "new" '67 MGBGT V8 home yesterday - picture link
From: Kevin & Deana Brown <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 11:11:02 -0500
High everybody.  I went ahead and purchased the '67 MGB GT with the
Corvette engine and Corvair transaxle and picked it up on Friday and
made it home yesterday.  Here is a link to a web page that I just
through together that contains some more details and pictures of the
car: http://home.sprintmail.com/~mgtrautoxr/id5.html
<http://home.sprintmail.com/%7Emgtrautoxr/id5.html>

I also ended up with enough parts to fill the back of my pickup, the
front of the trailer and the inside of the MG.  Mostly stuff from the
rally car that the guy had built and raced in the late 60s and early 70s
(I suppose around the southeast in the US since he was a NASA engineer
from Huntsville, Alabama).  I don't even know what all I have yet since
I haven't gone through all of the boxes or even unloaded it all yet, but
I do know that it includes a banjo style rear axle with a detroit locker
limited slip differential, a very unique rally style fiberglass hard top
(has the rally chrome vent in the back, a chrome light on top on the
right side and an instrument/switch panel inside in the front and the
center), a stage 6 MGB engine, the front suspension from the rally car
and and a bunch of NOS MG parts still in the original BMC boxes.  I also
ended up with a bunch of starters, generators, wheels, transmissions,
seats, racing seats, etc.  I guess I better unload it all know!!  I'll
post some pictures of the hardtop after I get it unloaded.  It is in
good shape, except for the paint, and may be for sale since I don't
really need it.  If any body in the Kansas City area, or passing through
wants to stop and take a look at the car, let me know.

By the way, I also ended up with a bunch of old workshop manuals and
notes, hand draw wiring diagrams etc.  It looks like the guy gave the
cars names: "Kasper A. Milquetoste" and "Beast" - I assume Beast is the
car I have and Kasper was the Rally car.

Take car.

Kevin Brown
Odessa, MO

Check out the new British Cars Forum: