New MGBGT V8 - Independant Rear Suspension Pictures

To: mgb-v8 <mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net>, MGs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: New MGBGT V8 - Independant Rear Suspension Pictures
From: Kevin & Deana Brown <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 19:30:00 -0500
I've added some pictures of the Independant Rear Suspension (IRS) that
is on the '67 MGB GT, that I got last weekend, to the bottom of the web
page.  The pictures show a little how the Corvair transaxle is mounted.
The car still has the stock gas tank; however, the centers of the
battery boxes were cut out and the fuel pump was relocated.  I bet there
are not a whole lot of IRS equipped MGBs out there - the amazing thing
is you cant tell from the outside - unless you look underneath.  I've
also added a few shots of how the drive shaft comes off of the back of
the engine, where the guy rigged the a clutch housing, before going back
to the transaxle.  The car has a mechanical clutch (and dual brake
master cylinders).  I took these pictures while laying on the ground
under the car, some day I will get it on a lift with better ones.  Here
is the link again: http://home.sprintmail.com/~mgtrautoxr/id5.html
<http://home.sprintmail.com/%7Emgtrautoxr/id5.html>

Kevin

Check out the new British Cars Forum: