MGB/5-speed trans

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: MGB/5-speed trans
From: RW <prndl@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 16:53:52 -0700
Howdee List.

I'm considering installing one of the Ford Sierra type 9 5-speed
transmission packages into my 1967 MGB this winter as I am rebuilding the
engine and lots of other running gear. I'd like to get some feedback from
those of you who have made the switch from original transmission to this
5-speed package. How has it worked out? Who did you get your kit from and
are you satisfied with the quality of the parts in the kit? It seems there
is a lot of difference in the transmission and fitting kits depending on who
is selling it.

You can email me off-list if you'd rather not post to the list but I'm sure
others would appreciate your experiences.

Many Thanks
--
Rod Williams
Petaluma, California