Re: Painting Advice

To: jhn3@uakron.edu, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Painting Advice
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 10:06:46 EST
In a message dated 11/2/2004 9:22:29 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jhn3@uakron.edu writes:

Second,  I have never had a scratch in a Maaco paint job.  However, if you
look  at either car cross-eyed the paint will chip.

I had Maaco do my 66 Mustang and, yes, it does chip.

They actually did a fairly good job of laying down a smooth finish with
almost no orange peel.  However, I was naive about them removing shiny bits
before painting.  I asked them before the paint and they said they'd "take
care of
that," or words to that effect, which in actual practice meant taping  the
bits up, sometimes not too well, and sometimes with tape impinging on the
body,
blocking areas that should have been painted.  If I had only known  that was
their approach I would have delivered a car stripped of lights,  bumpers,
mirrors and more.  It would have been less work than I had trying  to get it
looking right after the paint job.

Jay Donoghue
72 B-GT (needs paint)
66 Mustang

Participate in Democracy.

"In the end, we will not so much remember the words of our enemies,
but the silence of our friends."  Martin Luther King, Jr.