Re: NO LBC content-need suggestions for free anti-virus

To: MonteMorris <mmorris@nemr.net>
Subject: Re: NO LBC content-need suggestions for free anti-virus
From: Bill McLeod <wbmcleod@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 19:44:41 -0700
Monte....
Try:

AVG -- www.grisoft.com/
Adaware --  www.lavasoftusa.com/software/*adaware*
Spybot -- www.download.com/Spybot-Search-Destroy/
3000-8022_4-10289035.html - 32k - Nov 1, 2004
Spysubtract --  www.intermute.com/*spysubtract*/  (This last is a free
trial.  The program is $29.95.  I am happy with it!)

Most likely your Norton has stopped working because you downloaded
Microsoft Service pack 2 ( if you have Windows XP) or it is out of date
(buy the new version!).  See the latest NYTimes Circuits column by David
Pogue for a very good step by step instruction on loading Svc Pack 2 (It
was too late, in my case, but I was able to get Norton working again by
uninstalling it  and re-installing it).

Best of  luck!
Bill
Slightly Classics