Car Camera

To: MGS <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Car Camera
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 03:12:41 +1030
Well, the experiment with my in car (on car?) camera was a 50% success.

Luckily we had a "Super Sprint" today so I could try out the camera
before the event I REALLY wanted to film (on Nov 27) - our Twilight
event.  Night racing is cool!

BUT - the two things that went wrong this weekend (I will talk about my
brake proportioning valve when I have had some sleep) were:

a) I forgot to pack my external microphone which I hide away INSIDE the
car.  This meant all you could really hear was WIND NOISE - VERY DARN
ANNOYING!  But at least I know how to fix that next time.

b) There is still some camera shake, so I will be looking at some more
shock absorbtion on the camera mount.  It is not ridiculous but still
much more shake than I wanted.

I just cut a few grabs from the tape for people to check out (no real
attempt at editing and the files are quite large still so only look for
curiosity's sake if you can stand the wind noise and the LONG download times).

Oh yeah, there are decent stories (excuses???) behind each clip so ask
me directly if you are interested.

Note, I don't enjoy being blown away by a MINI but I DID ENJOY pushing
the MX5 (wannabe Miata) around :-)

REMEMBER - this is a SUPERSPRINT.  We are NOT racing :-)

For what they are worth here are the grabs:

http://www.erickson.on.net/mgb/movies/mallala071104/

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII