MGC restoration nearing completion need help on some small

To: <Mgs@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: MGC restoration nearing completion need help on some small
From: "James Schulte" <schultejim@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 21:58:44 -0800
I was able to install the brake line from the right front five way junction in
the engine bay to the right rear three way junction in the 69C roadster. The
original had exploded in the middle after pressure had built up in the
bleeding process. The steel lines had rusted just enough create a week spot.
Thank goodness the new line was so flexible, otherwise it would have been a
nightmare changing.  Now I just need to restart the bleeding process over.
I was having trouble starting the C. It would take a number of successive
cranks.  Finally it would start but sounded like it was only running on 3 or 4
cylinders.  I finally decided to check under the distributor cap for a problem
with the ground wire that comes from the coil to the distributor. This came
about because I saw smoke 3 weeks ago when I tried to start it with the wires
switched by mistake.  Sure enough, the ground had barely a thread left.  Once
I changed it, the car started right up on all cylinders, and ran for about 3
minutes.  It stalled all of a sudden.   I started it again and 5 seconds later
it stalled again.  I began to suspect the old fuel pump points must have been
sticking.  So I changed the fuel filter cause the gas looked dirty, and tested
the pump with a can under the hose going to the carbs. sure enough, very
little pressure and no clicking coming from the pump.  I tapped the pump with
a tack hammer and it started to work again.  Now the car is running fine but I
need to address the fuel pump.  I bought a supposedly new one at Carlisle in
the Spring. It wasn't working three weeks ago so that's why I put the old one
back in.  Anyway, I bought a new diode for it and it still isn't showing
power.
SO, My first question is: what else can I check on the new fuel pump that
would make it work?  The points are touching and are not corroded. What else
could it be?

I also connected a speaker to the original radio.  The light goes on in the
radio and all the dials work, but all I get is static from the speaker.
There's  no antenna attached that I can tell.  But, there's no hole in the
front fender that would have housed an antenna. I don't believe either fenders
are replacements and the rear fenders are original as well. My Third Question
is: would the radio have an internal antenna or what?
TIA
Jim
69C
70B