Re: Re-installing Oil Presure Relief Valve

To: "Steve Clifton" <sclifton@cfl.rr.com>, <Mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Re-installing Oil Presure Relief Valve
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 07:55:04 -0700
I think it was Paul who suggested marking the cap just when it engages the
threads so you can press it in with spring in place and get it to engage
right away.

But what I did was to make a tool of sorts to force the cap against the
block. I used a large bolt (1/2"?) about 1.5" in length and a coupler of
similar length, screwed the bolt in the coupler. This fit between the cap
and the car frame. Then loosening the bolt from the coupler expanded its
length, forcing the cap against the block. Then I tightened the cap in
place. If this description is  not explanatory enough, I can try to take a
picture or two of the "tool".

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B