Grease fittings for the kingpin assembly

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Grease fittings for the kingpin assembly
From: "Steve Shoyer" <Steve@shoyer.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 11:04:29 -0500
I thought that the end was in sight for my front suspension rebuild.  The first
side took about four months to complete, and the second side is almost done
after four or five nights of effort.  The learning curve was pretty steep, plus
I found that I needed a lot more parts and tools along the way.  Thanks again
for everyone's assistance, as well as for the reference info that people have
posted on their various websites.

Anyway, I was trying to put some grease in the kingpin when the fitting popped
right out in my grease gun.  I didn't have any problems with the first side,
but the threads on the two highest fittings don't hold very well.  Is there a
"correct" size of grease fitting that should be used?

Hopefully this will be the last part I'll need before mounting the tires and
trying to pass inspection.  I still need to mount the sway bar, but I've got a
plan for putting new captive nuts inside the frame rail (a little DPO, but not
too bad).  TIA

--Steve (1980 MGB)