Re: Stumper

To: Robert Alan Reisse <rareisse@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Stumper
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 09:26:43 -0600
   For future reference; if you have a spark at the coil, there's
nothing wrong with the points or condenser.  Then if no spark at any
plug, the problem has to be the rotor or cap.  Afer all, the rotor and
cap comprise a rotary switch that delivers the spark from the coil to
the plugs.

   I carry a cap, rotor, points, condenser and coil with me.  I replace
everything but the coil every couple of years, with new parts, carry the
old ones that were working when I removed them.  I have a Lucas Sport
Coil under the hood, decided to add the stock coil to my emergency kit
when I removed it.  I've had all of those things fail from time to time
over the years.

   Cheers,

    CR