Re: Ignition Kit and homeland security

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Ignition Kit and homeland security
From: "Martin C. Galan" <batangelias@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 19:27:57 -0800 (PST)
Just read that Tom Ridge, the nation's first homeland
security secretary, announced Tuesday that he is
resigning.

I just want to share an anecdote about my friend who
brought home a Lucas Ignition Kit for me in the
Philippines March of this year from New York.

As he was going through security check in JFK, he was
told to open his hand carry bag for unidentifiable
items seen in the x ray. As he pulled out the
distributor in front of the security officer, he was
asked what the item was. He said its a distributor
and an ignition coil for a 1965 MGB. He got a blank
look from the young guy at the X-ray machine, who
called in his supervisor to take a look at the items.
Again the two young men were lost. By this time my
friend was having a big kick from all of this. (I
think he did it on purpose)

Finally they called on their head who was a gent with
a grey hair and beard. As soon as he saw the items he
smiled and waived my friend off.

Martin Galan

65' MGB