Re: Top Removable Frame

To: Bob <engl@accesscomm.ca>, "'MG List'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Top Removable Frame
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 07:31:47 -0800 (PST)
Bob, I cannot think of where the sticks for my '65's removable hood are at
the moment, and I have removed the brackets from the car - but I am
positive that the part that goes into the bracket is flat, not round.
Sounds like you may have another car's hood sticks....

--- Bob <engl@accesscomm.ca> wrote:

> I recently bought off of eBay (yes, the evil eBay) a set of removable
> top
> frame for an early MGB, but they do not seem right based on photos I
> have
> seen.  My B has a later top (early 70's I think) with the black frame
> and I
> want to convert it to the earlier top.
>
> What I received had two top bows and a round (tubular) base where it
> slots
> into the body bracket.  I've checked catalogues and photos in books, but
> the
> removable top frames all seem to have 3 top bows and a bar that fits
> into
> the bracket on the frame.
>
> Was the vendor mistaken as to the application of this top?  (Our B is in
> storage and I can't see if the top physically fits at present.)
>
> Thanks.
>
> Bob

=====
Dan
The Garden State
'76 MGB Tourer - Driver - It's getting better all the time....
'65 MGB Tourer Project - Yep, still is....
'04 Audi A4 1.8T q MT-6 - quattro, baby!
NAMGBR #5-2328