Re: [MG-MGB] Knock-offs and Ashtrays

To: Aeseeyou@aol.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [MG-MGB] Knock-offs and Ashtrays
From: Bob Shaw <shaws@mlcltd.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 20:25:09 -0600
At 5:15 PM -0500 12/7/2004, Aeseeyou@aol.com wrote:
>To all,
>Moss Motors may not be perfect but (paraphrasing what another English lad
>once said) It's sure the heck better than anything else out there. I
>am of the
>belief that if (God Forbid!) Moss Motors were to ever say the heck with all
>the hassles, and close their doors. There would be heard a great horrific
>sound & the gnashing of teeth! Need more proof read: Matt. 8:12 "But
>the children
>of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall  be weeping
>and gnashing of teeth."
>Plus, they even offer over night delivery.......
>Albert  Escalante Owner 1978 MGB
>The Central Coast British Car Club (CA)
>Ventura,  CA (info: www.ccbcc.org)

I couldn't agree more. For cars the age of ours about the only place
to find original parts is in a salvage yard, or when some eccentric
collector sells his private NOS parts supply of several years.

As one who drives his car, I find Moss a great comfort on any road
trip.  In June of 2001 a few of us from Nebraska were driving into
Canada on our way to the east coast. One of us dropped a water pump
in upper Michigan, and we discovered we had not packed the correct
spare. We called Moss and explained the situation, and they
overnighted the part, free shipping, to a UPS terminas within 40
miles. Friends, that is service. Additionally, Moss always has been
supportive of our Clubs, Her Majestys Royal Nebraska Patrol (MG) and
Flatwater Austin Healey Club. They are enthusiasts who support
enthusiasts.  I could go on with more stories of how Moss, and Kelvin
in particular, have come to my aid. I am very grateful that they
exist and are willing to do what they do.

--
Bob Shaw
Check out Shaw's Garage at http://www.mlcltd.com/shawsgarage/