fuel vapor line

To: MGS-List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: fuel vapor line
From: James Harwood <james.harwood@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 21:47:43 -0800 (PST)
Hello List,
I would like to disconnect the two braided lines that
go to the small circular evaporation tank in the boot
of my '74 CBB. I should use a flare nut wrench for
these but wanted to find out the size. Seems that
9/16" is too small, 5/8" is too big. 15mm would be
just perfect - but that can't be right - this is an
LBC. And it's not like there's any such thing as an
adjustable flare nut wrench. So there's my first
question - what is the proper tool for dismembering
the junk in the trunk?

Second question: if I find that the braided lines have
collapsed, where could I obtain replacements? Moss and
VB show them as NLA.

If it is possible to get the system working nicely,
how should the evap tank be mounted in the roadster
boot?
It was just floating around when I bought the car. It
does have a flange with a couple of mounting holes,
but no obvious signs as to where in the body it should
be fixed.

Thanks in advance, and Joyous Noel,
James Harwood