Hotter plugs..what advantages/disadvantages

To: "MG Club Philadelphia" <Philly_MG_Club@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: Hotter plugs..what advantages/disadvantages
From: "James Schulte" <schultejim@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 16:42:50 -0800
Listers
I put in NGK BPR5 plugs in my 69C at the suggestion of someone on the list,
because I'm still burning some oil.
2 weeks ago the #2,3,4,5 plugs had oil on them and I was using Autolite
Platnum plugs. I was not unhappy with performance, just looking to see if I
can improve things. Today I found all plugs looking normal except #5.
It has oil on it. So I said what the heck, lets try these hotter plugs.
What should happen with them?
Use more or less gas?
Have to change timing? Idle speed?
Or just see an improvement in performance, if ever so minor?
I also purchased the standard NGK BP6 plugs to try later (-:
Jim
69C