replacing clutch on the MGB

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: replacing clutch on the MGB
From: "bernd" <bernd.vabeach@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 22:39:29 -0500

A friend and I pulled the engine on the 71 'B" today, what a job, it took us
over five hours to finally get the darn thing out, to our astonishment we
found that the throw out bearing had completely disintegrated, I mean there
was nothing left on the clutch fork, the throw out bearing was laying in
little pieces on the bottom of the bell housing, any ideas of why that could
have happened?.
Our other issue with pulling the engine was that we had a heck of a time
getting the motor mounts out, yes I've learned now that we really didn't need
to take the motor mounts out, now it's a pain to align the engine to motor
mount studs, any ideas.
Going at it again tomorrow,
Bernie