electricals

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: electricals
From: "Jim Sylvester" <jim.sylvester@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 06:26:27 -0600
Please pardon me for invading the list.  I've owned three MGs in the past
and now own a '68 Datsun 2000 roadster (which looks very much like an MG if
the guys over a certain age on this list have ever seen one).

I figure BLC guys know a thing or two about electrical systems, so I hope
you don't mind if I pose a generic electrical question.

Both of my blinkers have stopped and I suspect my blinker relay (I've got
both a blinker and an emergency flasher relay).

In this and previous electrical problems when I've needed to check for
voltage or continuity or read my wiring diagram I've struggled from my
severe abundance of ignorance on the subject.

If anyone would be so kind as to spend 30 minutes with me today on the phone
with a short tutorial on working my voltmeter and reading my wiring diagram
I would appreciate it immensely.  If you can contact me off line, I'll send
you a pdf of my wiring diagram.