Re: 42 mile 1980 LE

To: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>, MGS <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: 42 mile 1980 LE
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 13:06:15 -0800
While I deplore vehicles not being driven I do feel that we should save
some 'originals' so we have a preserved example of what was
really  original.   So such an unusual truly original car should be put
somewhere where enthusiasts can look at it and use it as a bench mark.

I always cock my eyebrows at "restored to original" vehicles.  I know one
original Maserati that has been sold (for BIG $$$$) a few times as original
- I know it has a body made by an Englishman here in Canada.  Same for a
Duesenberg which was built using  parts gleaned from the four corners of
the Earth.  I saw both bodies under construction !!!!!!!

At 05:55 AM 1/17/05, Eric wrote:
>I have mentioned this car before on this list, well, it has been sold.
>
>Looks like eBay did the trick for them and the car is hitting the high
>seas... to Belgium (from Australia)!
>
>They told me the got their reserve price and are happy with the sale -
>and happy it is going to a collector who will treat it with the respect
>it deserves
>
>It is the first car on this page http://www.mgsales.com.au/sales.html
>
>Only a few more years and it will be a perfectly preserved museum piece!
>

>--
>Eric
>'68MGB MkII
>Adelaide, South Australia