First new metal

To: MGS <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: First new metal
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 02:29:50 +1030
I am not sure whether to celebrate or not, but I have just had my first
bits of new metal added to the 'B.  After thinking about it for too long
(contemplating taking up welding but never quite getting there) I had
someone cut and weld the doglegs on the 'B - and what a great job he
did.  I don't know what I was thinking about wanting to do it myself
when I have never welded before!

It wasn't expensive and I had every confidence in the guy who did it.
If you saw his Healeys and some of the other lovely cars he works on
(ground up restorations and the like) you, too, would be OK about having
him lay hands on your pride and joy.  By the time I got my act together
to do it myself the car would have been totally eaten away.

And my confidence in this guy was truly justified.  I don't think anyone
would pick the new panels without being super, super picky (and even
then they would have trouble).

So, now I know where to go when it comes time to do the rest of the
bodywork.

If anyone is in South Australia and wants a recommendation, drop me a
line and I will point you in the right direction!

No horror stories from me this time.

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII